Sunday, June 28, 2009

Marvel Movies

Did a thread about this on Slayalive, with a poll as well to make it more interesting....hmm, come back to that one later. So, I thought I'd write this about those movies, my thoughts and what I think should be done next
  • Spider-Man: An excellent trilogy, let down a little by number 3. I mean, Peter Parker going all emo and cruising down the street like he's 'the Man'. Okaaay, did all the writers take crack at that time or what? And the scene with him and MJ at the bridge?? Need I say more? Spider-Man is a great series and I can't wait to see what they do with Spidey 4. Hopefully, it'll be better than 3 and I think they should have Peter and MJ either on their way to getting married or are married and MJ is pregnant. Guess we'll see in 2011
  • X-Men: My favourite Marvel series, again let down a little by number 3, though Wolverine does pick it up and it's a very good movie on its own. Nuff said really about X-Men. All I want to see now is X-Men 4 with Apocalypse as the bad guy, have Wolverine remember Origins, bring back Deadpool, Gambit and Sabretooth, as well as Cyclops and Emma Frost, throw in X-23 (who should appear in Wolverine 2 or in a solo movie) and I'll be happy. Maybe an X-Force should be done. Yeeeaaahhh
  • Blade: Very good trilogy and it should be left as a trilogy. Now, while I love Blade 3 (I mean, Ryan Reynolds? Hilarious) I love Blade 2 the best. Action, drama, suspense with a touch of romance. Blade 2 is easily the best of the trilogy
  • Fantastic Four: Honestly, as a comic, I don't like Fantastic Four. The movie, however, is a different story. Watched the first one just to see what it was like and actually quite enjoyed it, so I got the second one and enjoyed that one as well. Quite loved it. Now, I'm just hoping that they'll do a Fantastic Four 3, but I kinda doubt it. It's not as popular as Spidey or X-Men, so the chances of FF3 is very slim
  • Daredevil/Elektra: In my opinion, on the bottom of the Marvel ladder, with Daredevil second last and Elektra last. Daredevil wasn't too bad, but it's not as great as the asforementioned movies. Elektra isn't all that great. She doesn't seem like the Elektra from Daredevil, despite being played by the same chick and it seems a little over the place
  • Hulk: Hmm...Hulk...Eric Bana wasn't all that bad, but Ed Norton is much better. A hell of a lot better. The final battle is pretty impressive and it was quite cool to see Iron Man at the end. I wonder what they'll do in Hulk 2, but we'll have to wait until after the Avengers
  • Iron Man: Turned out to be a very good movie. Quite enjoyed it. Seeing Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury was pretty cool and Iron Man vs Iron Monger was cool. I'm eagerly awaiting Iron Man 2 and I wanna see Avengers, mainly cuz of him
  • Punisher: Now, this movie wasn't too bad, although Frank Castle never seems to die. He gets shot, I think stabbed and also blown up, but still lives. However, you can't really have the hero die now can you? Still, this wasn't a bad flick and I liked it
  • Ghost Rider: Hmm, what can I say about this? It's not as great as the previous movies, but it's better than Daredevil, I guess. The one thing I was disappointed about this movie was the high lack of action, mainly fight scenes. I mean, Ghost Rider beats the bad guys with just one move. How boring is that? If (and I think they are) they make Ghost Rider 2, bring in Lilith and Scarecrow, as well as some goddamn fight scenes. I wanna see Ghost Rider kick some freaking ass!

Upcoming Marvel movies are: Wolverine 2, X-Men: First Class, Thor, Ant-Man (groan! why oh why?) and Avengers. Movies they should do: X-Men 4, X-23, Fantastic Four 3, X-Force and one massive Marvel movies with characters from the above movies

No comments:

Post a Comment